Enfield Voluntary Action is known as EVA. We help people & groups access knowledge, skills & resources to make a difference in our Borough.
Online meetings and events have been introduced by EVA in response to the coronavirus / Covid19 crisis. We are learning more about this new technology as we get more experience. These terms and conditions may change.
If you agree to these terms and conditions and they change before the online meeting you have booked we will let you know.
1. EVA understands that attending online meetings or events may be a new experience for you, as it is for us.
If you are unsure how to download the software required please contact us giving your phone number and telling us the problem you are having, and we will call to talk you through the process.
2. We are very conscious of all participants’ safety during online meetings. Joining our meetings is by invitation only once you have submitted our booking form. You must not share the invite details or links with anyone else, including other people in your organisation. If someone else in your organisation wants to attend in your place they must submit a new booking form.
3. We limit places to ensure effective meetings and will open waiting lists if more people apply than we can accommodate. If you book to attend an online meeting and do not join it we may not be able to invite you again. If you are unable to attend you must let us know.
4. Meetings may be recorded for EVA so we can listen again to answer questions and monitor feedback. Recordings will not be shared outside EVA without your permission. Video and audio can be enabled by you during an online meeting. You can turn video off if you prefer to join the meeting by audio only.
5. A member of staff at EVA or speaker / trainer invited by EVA will be the facilitator at all our online meetings and events and will select who can speak. When anyone has been selected to speak, everybody except the speaker will be muted to eliminate background noise. There are options to raise your hand virtually if you want to speak or ask a question.
6. All participants will be unmuted during pre-meeting chat, and during feedback at the end. Participants are asked to respect the usual rules of conversation - to listen to others, to be respectful to others, and to refrain from inflammatory or excluding language and swearing.
7. Please feel free to use eg Hand-Clapping and Thumbs-Up options during the meeting if you wish to applaud or express your agreement with something you hear.
8. If you experience technical difficulties during the meeting, please use the Chat button (found in different places on different devices, but not hard to find) or, if you lose contact altogether, email the facilitator to let them know.
9. Priority booking will be applied for organisations that provide at least 80% of their services to Enfield residents. Places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis for these organisations.
10. More than one person from an organisation may be booked on any course or event but if it is over- subscribed you may be asked to send only one of your booked participants, so that more organisations can benefit.
11. We make a small charge for some of our events where the full cost is not covered by our funders. All charges are displayed on the booking page on our website. At this time we can only accept payment by BACS or online bank transfer. See here for our bank details. Full payment must be made before confirmation of your place.
12. To obtain the benefits provided at the lowest cost indicated, voluntary and community organisations must, unless otherwise stated, provide 80% of their services to Enfield residents.
13. Organisations providing less than 80% of their services to Enfield residents, statutory sector and private companies will be charged at a variable rate for any training attended, unless otherwise stated.
14. If you realise that you cannot attend after you have booked, let EVA know immediately. You may lose your deposit or payment if you do not inform EVA 5 working days before the date of the training or event, unless non-attendance is due to unforeseen circumstances.
15. If you or your organisation’s representatives repeatedly fail to attend training or events for which you have booked, whether free or paid for, you may be refused entry to future events or training. EVA will send a reminder if you fall into this category.
16. Places are allocated on a first-come, first served basis. Booking confirmation and the link to the online meeting will be sent when payment has been received by EVA.